- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 white onion (medium, roughly chopped)
- 1 pound dried black beans (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (sliced in half)
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- white onion (Minced, for garnish)
- queso fresco (crumbled, for garnish)
David W. 18 Nov 2018
The bay leaf was a clever touch. I also seasoned with a tablespoon of Knorr Caldo de Pollo (chicken bouillon). Didn't have jalapeno but had serrano chilies. Seeded and diced one and added to the mix.
Tess 4 Mar 2018
Very flavorful. I used the quick soak method (bring to boil and let stand covered for one hour) and added 15 minutes to cook time.
Briana 26 Mar 2017
Wonderful tasty delicious filling aromatic nostalgic satisfying warming gassy juicy savior creamy and spicy!!
Samantha O. 24 Mar 2016
easy! had a can of black beans instead, with the same ingredients. added a chili pepper with my bay leaf !