- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups black beans (or 2 cans cooked, divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper (or red pepper flakes, to taste)
- 2/3 cup quick oats (or bread crumbs, plus extra as needed)
- 3/4 cup corn (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
|Calories210Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Debra Ingersoll 24 Oct 2018
Nice flavor and texture.
Steve 9 Apr 2018
They were dry on the outside but soft on the inside but the taste was nice a little southwestern.
Monica Tantanella 21 Mar 2018
Love these burgers, I used bread crumbs instead of oatmeal and added a tablespoon of green chilies...fried up in a pan with olive oil and served on a grilled bun with avocado , husband and 1 year old enjoyed, will make again.
Toni Dalchow 1 Nov 2017
Great even my husband liked them!! Who knew!!
Andru Lester 30 Oct 2017
These came out great. I didn’t have any onion and just used onion powder and I also used frozen corn. They were still wonderful!
Denae 5 Sep 2017
I made a really huge batch and froze them for later in freezer paper. Great thanks for sharing!
Tajuan Mills 24 Jul 2017
Turned out amazing - topped with avocado, spinach and a little A1
Cody 4 Jul 2017
very good, altgough a bit messy. all in all i would make this again
Chantelle Barnhart 28 Jun 2017
So great! I used oat flour to make it gluten friendly & had to use a couple tablespoons of water because it was too dry.
Mary E. 22 Jun 2017
Little mushy Added carrot and green pepper to the pan Blended cilantro and flax seeds with the breadcrumbs Tasted like a mushy falafel lol I enjoyed it
Sarah Kaines 15 Jun 2017
Burgers have a good flavor and stay together, but are very dry. I served with mashed avo which added the needed moisture.