- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot (chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 3 red bell peppers (chopped, about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced, about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground turkey (I use ground turkey thighs for more flavor)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 30 ounces black beans (drained)
- freshly ground black pepper
|Calories390Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Obscrus H. 20 Oct 2018
Substituted chickpeas for even more protein. Will be going into regular rotation
Marlee Benefiel 18 Oct 2018
Great flavor, used 1/2 breast & 1/2 thigh meat.
Lil 24 Apr 2018
Love the basicness of a good chili recipe
Natalia V. 6 Dec 2017
Great for cool Winter nights! I substituted red potatoes for the bell peppers- only to use up my pantry ingredients. I cooked them much longer to get a little fry on them. Great hearty addition to weekday meals, especially for my picky toddler. Used half the stock as I like a thicker consistency, and threw in some thyme and paprika. Packed for lunch and ready to keep on serving. Can’t wait to make again!
Jessica V. 10 Mar 2017
This turkey chili was super easy to make & everyone loved it. We will definitely be making it again. Add some crushed red pepper 👌 👍
Todd Richheimer 6 Feb 2017
Excellent recipe with a little bit of spiciness. Added some garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes and pumpkin on the second batch which is in the works.