- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions (medium, roughly chopped)
- 4 large garlic cloves (crushed and peeled)
- 2 carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 30 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth (I like Swanson)
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
|Calories380Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Francisco Santos 18 Oct 2018
Turned very good and I had it with croutons and avocado
Yummly User 22 May 2018
really good, nice to add veggies for the kids.
Scott W. 11 Apr 2018
Amazing!! I added one more carrot and 1 cup less chicken broth. If you like it spicy 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Brenda L. 2 Feb 2018
Excellent flavour and so simple to make. This soup has become a favourite in our home and we always ensure the ingredients are in the pantry whenever we decide to have some delicious comfort food for a meal.
Mr Someone 27 Dec 2017
Awesome soup!! Just one little note: Use a good chicken broth that has some punch into it. I felt cheap that day and used cheap chicken liquid broth but added powder one later bcs the liquid one alone didn’t bring out the flavours. Overall, a soup for champions. Thank you!
Misha 30 Nov 2017
Delicious the way it is. I’d make it again for sure.
Alli S. 9 Oct 2017
Simple and delicious! I didn't purée all of my beans. I held some back for the finish, so I would have a little "bite" in the soup. Great flavors together. Will make again.
Amaka A. 5 Jun 2017
Delicious! But we add more garlic, onions and carrots than the recipe calls for for more flavor
Chris H. 26 Jan 2017
Very nice and easy soup to make. Adding the lime brings a nice kick to things right balance of flavors. Looking forward to how it all comes together on day 2
Tamara Cusson 24 May 2016
Okay super easy and I didnt puree nothing. Left all the good chunks. Made basmati rice. Pour the soup over. Only added turmeric Cuz i had no oregano also omitted sour cream (rice) and i froze half:)
jill9will . 29 Apr 2016
Quick, easy, yummy... all of the recipes at Once Upon a Chef are top notch. If you need a quick soup, try this.