- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups quinoa (cooked, cooled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise (Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic, divided)
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mash black beans in large bowl. Stir in quinoa, cheese, 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Shape into 8 patties (about 1/2 cup each). (If needed, add a tablespoon or so more bread crumbs to help hold them together). Spray nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise and, if desired, serve on whole wheat bun bottoms with lettuce, or simply serve in lettuce leaves.
Chef Sofia Ortiz 25 Jun
Amazing! Just tried this as my first recipe using this app and it couldn’t have gone better. I didn’t some ingredients at hand, like cilantro and the chipotle mayo sauce. To substitute I used parsley and celery and made the sauce from mayo and chipotle seasonings from the counter. It turned out so good. I used tortillas and spread the sauce and laid out some spinach and lettuce then cut the burger in half and ate it as a wrap like sandwich. So so good. Highly recommend.
dyn lara 31 Mar
This recipe was great, instead of adding the onions inside the mix I grilled them separately and added the as a topping. I also made my own chipotle dressing for a quarter of the price. I bought the chippotle chillies and added them to the mayo.