- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups quinoa (cooked, cooled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise (Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic, divided)
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mash black beans in large bowl. Stir in quinoa, cheese, 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, cilantro and salt.
- Shape into 8 patties (about 1/2 cup each). (If needed, add a tablespoon or so more bread crumbs to help hold them together). Spray nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise and, if desired, serve on whole wheat bun bottoms with lettuce, or simply serve in lettuce leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Abigail S. 23 May 2017
Tasty, but I would have used more than 1/2 cup bread crumbs. May want to have some more on hand just in case.
Helena J. 13 Mar 2017
Using chipotle ranch dressing (or normal ranch dressing with cayenne pepper to taste) is super good too!
Dzeja N. 9 Jan 2017
Amazing!!!! I used regular lo fat mayo and added some siracha plus some fresh lime juice, WOW! Will be making this once a week !!!
Breanne Z. 5 Oct 2016
These turned out great! I used Greek yogurt, canola oil, and a dash of hot sauce instead of the mayo and it turned out excellently. Will have again!
Susan Wellhofer 21 Aug 2016
Great, moist black bean burgers! Yes I would make again but try and substitute mayo with something less fattening