Lime juice adds spark to this chili. Bring out for tailgating or just to warm up after a long day outside. Serve with fresh vegetables and dip.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, OR green bell pepper, chopped)
- 1 onions (medium, chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 30 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- nonstick cooking spray
- flour tortillas (optional)
- Coat heavy, large covered pot with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pork, bell pepper, onion, garlic and cumin. Cook and stir until pork is brown and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat.
- Stir black beans, undrained tomatoes, water, oregano and salt into mixture in pot. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 15 minutes more or until desired consistency. Stir in lime juice. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle each serving with Cheddar cheese. Serve with tortillas, if desired.
- Serves 4 to 6.