Having a party? Need some appetizers besides the regular chips and sour cream dip? Serve this bean dip with toasted pita triangles or woven wheat crackers.
- 16 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 16 ounces butter beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini (Sesame seed paste*)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro (chopped, to garnish)
- Place all the ingredients except salt, pepper and cilantro in food processor bowl; blend together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and chill for at least an hour. Garnish with cilantro and serve with crudites and crackers. Makes about 3 cups.