- 2 cups fat-free egg substitute (or 8 eggs)
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (medium, chopped)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 16 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place eggs or substitute and milk in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until oil sizzles. Add bell pepper and onions. Cook about 1 minute, or until slightly tender. Stir in beans. Cook about 1 minute, or until thoroughly heated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cook about 6 minutes, or until almost set. As bottom of egg mixture sets, carefully lift edges with spatula and let uncooked egg run to the bottom of the pan. Cook, covered, about 2 minutes, or until top is set but shiny. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook covered, about 1 minute, or until cheese melts.