Simple dip that is a great way to enjoy the game or have for a barbecue. Make ahead of time for the flavors to marry. Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread pieces.
- 30 ounces black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno chile (seeded and minced*)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- In food processor, blend together all ingredients except cilantro. Remove bean dip to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Makes 4 cups.
- Nutritional values for 1/4 cup serving size.
- * Use rubber gloves when handling hot pepper.