Basic ingredients that go together easily. Let slow cook during the day and come home to a hearty chili. Serve with tortilla chips and a green salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin pork roast (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 31 ounces black beans (drained)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 15 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- sour cream (garnish)
- cheddar cheese (shredded, garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except garnishes in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Top individual bowls with sour cream and Cheddar cheese.
lindsay U. 15 Apr
Make sure to drain the beans. Overall, this was good. It was done at 6 hrs.