Forget about buying chicken nuggets from the freezer (or the fast food joint). They are a cinch to make and even the little ones can pitch in to help prepare their favorite food. A quick bath in the marinade imparts much flavor to the chicken, which is then dredged in breadcrumbs and fried to a crisp coating. Here they're served with a sweet and sour sauce that's made with balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, and water.
- 600 chicken fillets (grs of, cut into small pieces)
- fine salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves (squeezed)
- 1 beaten eggs
- bread crumbs (to taste)
- 200 milliliters water
- 50 milliliters balsamic vinegar
- 50 refined sugar (grs of)
- 2 tablespoons tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, lemon juice, bay leaves and squeezed garlic.
- Leave them for a few minutes.
- Pass the chicken pieces through the beaten egg and then to the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Leave to drain on paper towels.
- For the sweet and sour sauce just add all the ingredients, bring to a low heat and stir until it thickens.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce to accompany it.