In this unusual mash, boiled sweet potatoes are combined with crumbled grilled sausage (use your own favorite variety) and just enough olive oil to moisten and chopped cilantro as a garnish. It would make a delightful additon to the Thanksgiving menu or any meal where you'll be serving roast poultry or pork. It can also be the main attraction, with a simple green salad or braised greens rounding out the meal.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 sausage (farinheira wheat, or similar)
- olive oil (to tastesalt, to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- coriander (to taste)
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender. Once they have baked, peel the sweet potatoes.
- In a bowl, add the peeled potatoes and mash with a fork.
- In a skillet on low heat, grill the sausage on both sides.
- Remove the casing from the cooked sausage and add the stuffing to the sweet potatoes.
- Add a little olive to prevent the puree from getting to0 dry, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot or cold.