- 2 cups red raspberries
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 17 5/16 ounces frozen puff pastry sheets (1 package, 2 sheets, thawed)
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacoa Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 0powdered sugar
- For the raspberry sauce, thaw raspberries, if frozen. Do not drain. Place raspberries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Press berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. Stir in 2 tablespoons of corn syrup. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a small bowl, beat together egg and water; set aside.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll to a 12-inch square. Cut into twelve 3x4-inch rectangles. Place about 1 teaspoon of Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips in the center of each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Brush edges of squares with egg mixture. Fold each to form a 3x2-inch rectangle. Crimp edges with a fork to seal. Repeat process with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Prick tops with a fork. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly on wire racks. Dust tops of pastries with powdered sugar. Enjoy warm with raspberry sauce.
- Recipe Tips
- *Variation: try a mango sauce. Combine two ripe mangoes, peeled and cut up, with 3 tablespoons orange juice and 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill until serving time.
PER SERVING *
|Calories15Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.