Sweet and sour chicken is a perennially popular menu item at Chinese restaurants, and with this recipe you can now make it in your own kitchen, and without the need for any esoteric ingredients. Soy sauce, sesame seeds, honey, and mixed spices are used to boost the flavor of the chicken, which is served wtih white rice that's cooked with frozen peas and chopped carrot. Both are garnished with fresh cilantro.
- 1/2 chicken (large)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (soup of)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (soup of)
- 2 tablespoons honey (soup of)
- 1 teaspoon spices (mill with several ones)
- 1 teaspoon soybean oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 carrots
- coarse salt (to taste)
- fresh coriander (to taste)
- Cut the chicken to small pieces.
- Place in a bowl and leave to marinate a few minutes with soy sauce, sesame seeds, honey, spices, soybean oil and crushed garlic with shell, using a proper kitchen utensil.
- Heat a large frying pan and fry the chicken with all that marinade that as formed.
- Begin to dry.
- Place aluminum foil on top or a lid.
- Season with salt.
- In other pan, put a cup of rice to two parts of water, a pinch of salt, a little olive oil, peas and carrots cut into cubes.
- Cover and cook on medium heat.
- Once all the water has evaporated it is ready to serve.
- Serve the chicken garnished with fresh coriander and rice.