- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold, cubed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water (or lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese (at room temereature, chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (finely)
- whipped cream
- orange slices
- powdered sugar
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan. For the crust, sift flours into a large bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Gradually mix in enough water or lemon juice to form a pliable dough. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of parchment paper to fit prepared pan. Press into pan to line bottom and sides. Trim edges. Refrigerate for 10 mins. Prick bottom with a fork. Line with parchment paper and fill with baking weights, dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights and cool.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 a time, beating well after each. Stir in cream, flour and lemon peel until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake for 50-55 mins. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Serve dusted with nutmeg and powdered sugar. Garnish with candied orange slices, if desired, and whipped cream.
|Calories550Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.