Using convenience ingredients—prepared sauce, frozen vegetables, refrigerated biscuits, canned mushrooms-- gets this hearty pie to the table in a hurry. Serve with sliced orange and lettuce salad tossed with mustard vinaigrette.
- 4 boneless pork chops (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 23 ounces cooking sauce (creamy mushroom)
- 16 ounces frozen peas (potatoes, carrots,, New England blend)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 3/4 ounces refrigerated biscuits (5 large)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large nonstick skillet brown pork cubes in oil over medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes. Transfer pork to a 5-quart casserole; stir mushroom cooking sauce, frozen vegetables, chicken broth, mushrooms, oregano and pepper. Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven; uncover and arrange biscuits atop. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes, until biscuits are golden.