Bimby Alentejano breadReceitas Da Felicidade!
Using the Thermomix to make bread dough takes a lot of the guesswork and elbow grease out of the process, which can be a boon to the novice (or time pressed) home baker. This dough is prepared in two stages, the first being the "starter" dough that is then combined with the remaining flour to form the bread dough. Both steps require time for rising, important for achieving the airy interior during baking.
- 50 grams water
- 10 grams bakers yeast (fresh)
- 90 grams flour (type 65)
- 280 grams water
- 10 grams salt
- 500 grams flour (type 65)
- 1Heat the 50 grams of water and place into a bowl, along with the yeast and flour. Stir well and using hands, form into a sticky ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place to rise.
- 2In the Thermomix mixing bowl, place the water and salt. Set to 1 1/2 minutes /98ºF /speed 2.
- 3Add the dough. Mix for a few seconds at speed 6. Then set to 4 minutes/spike rate.
- 4Remove dough and place in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- 5Shape dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour. Make a horizontal cut in the middle of the dough ball.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven set to 392ºF for 10 minutes. Then lower oven temperature to 356ºF and bake for about 30 minutes more.