Bimbul or Bimbli chutney or gojju is a coconut chutney, flavored with a light green fruit called bimbli, commonly found all over coastal Karnataka in South India. Bimbul (in Konkani) is a small cucumber like fruit akin to carambola with a sour, tart…
- 8 to 10 bimbli or bimbul
- ¾ cup of grated coconut
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic
- 8 to 10 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Wash and cut the bimbul into chunks.
- Roast the red chillies in a small pan for a few seconds.
- In a blender or mixer, add the coconut, red chillies, bimbul, garlic and required salt.
- Add some water and make a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, dilute it to the consistency you want, stir in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Serve immediately with rice, chapattis, rotis, as a bread spread or even dosas and idlis etc.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.