- 1 package rice noodles (Bihon)
- carrots (2 lg.)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- onion (1/2 med., sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (LaChoy)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 cups fresh green beans (diagonally sliced)
- black pepper
- 3 1/2 spice (chicken breasts, boiled;, to taste)
- Use 2 cups of water to boil chicken. Save broth. Take skin and debone chicken after cooling. Add soy sauce to broth.
- Add Bihon Noodles to about 3/4 of warm broth. Let soak.
- Peel and diagonally slice carrots. Cut each slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- Finely chop cabbage. Set aside.
- Cut Bihon Noodle with pastry scissors into small pieces after soaking.
- Saute chopped garlic in oil over medium high heat. Add sliced carrots. Stirring constantly. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced green beans. Add a little of the broth to the mixture, so that it will not burn.
- Turn heat to medium. Add sliced onions. Mix in thoroughly. Then add chopped cabbage. Stir constantly. DO NOT OVERCOOK VEGETABLES.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Add black pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon). Add diced, deboned chicken. Stir until all ingredients are heated through. Remove from pan. Put in bowl; set aside.
- Pour cut noodles into pan used to cook vegetables. Stir constantly. The noodles will stick. Ad broth as needed to keep noodles from sticking. Cook until noodles are tender. Add water as needed.
- Mix noodles and vegetables together just before serving. A bit of fresh lemon juice over noodles adds an extra zing to taste. Serve over steamed rice. Shrimp used instead of chicken tastes great, too.
|Calories160Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.