You can't go wrong with a burger. This recipe takes all the ingredients of a burger and bakes it into a large pie for a truly special meal. A soft dough acts as the base, which is topped with meat that has been seasoned with Mexican spices, the meat is topped with a few layers of cheese before being covered with another layer of dough. A sprinkle of seeds adds a nice crunch and some nuttiness to the whole thing.
- 300 grams flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons bakers yeast
- warm water (18 cl.)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 onions
- olive oil
- ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning mix
- 1 onions
- 1 tomato paste
- american cheese slices
- grating cheese
- 1 egg yolks
- sesame seeds
- 1Combine flour, yeast, a pinch of salt, and a pinch sugar. Let stand for a few minutes.
- 2Gradually, add warm water while kneading, and then add the milk.
- 3Form a ball.
- 4Let the dough rise at least 1 hour covered with a cloth.
- 5Chop the onion.
- 6Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- 7Add the onion and saute. When the onion is translucent, add the meat.
- 8When the meat is cooked, add the Mexican spice blend (or spices of choice), and tomato paste.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 11Divide the dough in half.
- 12Roll out the first ball of dough on a silicone mat and spread it in the pie pan.
- 13Add the meat mixture.
- 14Then add a layer of American cheese slices.
- 15Finish with a layer of grated cheese.
- 16Roll out the second ball of dough and spread on top.
- 17Seal the two pieces with a little water.
- 18Mix the egg yolk with a little bit of milk.
- 19Glaze with a brush and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- 20Bake for about 20 minutes.