You can't go wrong with a burger. This recipe takes all the ingredients of a burger and bakes it into a large pie for a truly special meal. A soft dough acts as the base, which is topped with meat that has been seasoned with Mexican spices, the meat…
is topped with a few layers of cheese before being covered with another layer of dough. A sprinkle of seeds adds a nice crunch and some nuttiness to the whole thing.
- 300 grams flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baker's yeast
- warm water (18 cl.)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice blend
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato paste
- american cheese slices
- grated cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- sesame seeds
- Combine flour, yeast, a pinch of salt, and a pinch sugar. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Gradually, add warm water while kneading, and then add the milk.
- Form a ball.
- Let the dough rise at least 1 hour covered with a cloth.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and saute. When the onion is translucent, add the meat.
- When the meat is cooked, add the Mexican spice blend (or spices of choice), and tomato paste.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out the first ball of dough on a silicone mat and spread it in the pie pan.
- Add the meat mixture.
- Then add a layer of American cheese slices.
- Finish with a layer of grated cheese.
- Roll out the second ball of dough and spread on top.
- Seal the two pieces with a little water.
- Mix the egg yolk with a little bit of milk.
- Glaze with a brush and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.