For a quick, simple but comforting and filling meal try making #Egg curry with homemade bhuna masala…
It’s delicious, tasty and a no complaints meal.
- 5 Eggs, hard boiled
- 2 Onions (medium sized), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bhuna masala
- 2 Tomatoes (medum sized), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kaju kani (fine Cashew nut pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Crush the onions in a mixer.Add the crushed onion and the bhuna masala in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok.Stir fry till the mixture is homogenous and all the water has evaporated. There is a nice word in Hindi that describes the smell… bhini bhini khusboo, delicious aroma that wafts out of the kadhai/wok.
- Add the salt and the chilli powder. Mix well. As your masala is getting done grind the tomatoes and the kaju kani to a fine paste. Remember you have to get out in 20 minutes. Dump all the tomato paste in the kadhai/wok. Mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add about 2 cups of water, sugar and bring to a rapid boil. Meanwhile peel the boiled eggs the choice is yours you can either cut them in half or like me put a knife cut on the opposite side. This will allow the gravy to seep in the eggs.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatti, rice. We waited for the podder to come with unne and poli.