- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or tapioca flour + 1 tbsp. water)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" chunks)
- 1 cup cornstarch (or tapioca flour)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (or raw)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories1170Calories from Fat870|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat870|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Istvan P. 3 Aug
It's nothing special, but it's simple. The recipe itself is well presented!
Melissa Jakubik 11 Jul
The family loves it!
Hi 17 May
A lot of work for sesame chicken that isn’t better than takeout
Your Majesty 16 Apr
It took quite a long time to make. The chicken texture was lovely but overall was a bit underwhelming for the time taken.
Margaret 31 Jan 2017
Loved this recipe. So simple yet delicious. Will certainly make it again. The chicken was moist and flavoursome and tasted like the sesame chicken that is served in chinese restaurants.
Bryan Postelnek 22 Jan 2017
Holy cow what an expected success! It took me a long time to make all of it because I doubled the recipe -- still came out very very good. 5 stars!
Melissa P. 26 Aug 2016
I had doubts...I made the sauce, and it smelled terrible and this isn't something that I would normally make myself, so I was really worried that the family wouldn't like it. but it is seriously delicious. out of all the recipes i've tried, I finally feel like I found one that isn't a total disappointment. loved it.
Nina C. 25 Mar 2016
I've made this recipe twice now - once the slow way and once the quick way and it was amazing both times. The flavor and texture is so close to the sesame chicken we love at our favorite Chinese restaurant! This has quickly become a family favorite!