- 3 1/2 pounds pork sausage crumbles (fully cooked)
- 1 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (fresh, washed, finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme (dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil (dried)
- 2 tablespoons oregano (dried)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 3 pounds rotini pasta (whole wheat)
- 3 quarts pizza sauce
- 10 ounces low-fat cheese (Parmesan, shredded)
- 2 cups green bell pepper (washed, diced)
- 1 1/2 cups black olives (sliced)
- 2 pounds low-fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Sauté pork, onion, parsley, spices and garlic in a large skillet, distributing seasoning throughout the crumbles to blend flavors.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and pork mixture.
- Add the pizza sauce and parmesan cheese to the pasta mixture. Stir gently to distribute ingredients.
- Spoon into a steam table pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with peppers and olives.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place into a convection oven preheated to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes.
- Hold at 140° Fahrenheit or higher to serve.
- Pour mixture into 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40° Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 165° Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Stir gently to distribute heat evenly. Hold at 140° Fahrenheit or higher to serve.