These cookies live up to their name thanks to their intense chocolate flavor and pitch perfect texture. To make sure they are their very best, be sure to cream the butter with the sugars for a full three minutes (or longer, depending on your mixer), before beating in the eggs and vanilla, which should also be mixed until thoroughly combined. This way the wet ingredients are able to incorporate the dry ingredients for the smoothest dough.
- 240 grams salted butter
- 110 grams white sugar
- 165 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 350 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 380 grams dark chocolate chips (or dark chocolate broken into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the butter with the sugars and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and mix well.
- Add dark chocolate and stir until well distributed.
- Use 2 teaspoons to shape small balls with the dough.
- Put them in a tray covered with parchment paper.
- Leave enough space between the balls so they don't stick to each other.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove the tray from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Move the cookies on the parchment paper to a smooth surface.
- Cool for at least 3 minutes.