- 13 ounces clams (minced, with their juices)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 cup yellow onion (small-dice, about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 slice thick cut bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (medium, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 2 medium, peeled and cut into medium dice)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
|Calories890Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alissa B. 14 Dec 2018
Delicious and simple!
James Harp 11 Jun 2018
wasnt bad, but one mustn't let the flower brown, and dont cook bacon foe too long.
Alisha Gorecki 17 Apr 2018
So delicious, everyone loved it!!! I’ve made it several times now. A coworker said it was the best clam chowder she had ever had and wants me to make it for her again and said she will buy the ingredients!! One of my family’s favorites for sure!
Robin 31 Mar 2018
perfect great flavor and consistency. was easy to make and will definetly will be making again.
Michele Trigueiro 11 Feb 2018
Good I added extra bacon and doubled the potatoes the second time
Sandra R 22 Jan 2018
The basic recipe is a really good start . We like more herbs, so I put in 2 teaspoons thyme instead of 1/4 teaspoon. Also increased the garlic to 3 cloves .
Nathaniel Thomas 28 Oct 2017
Easy. Very flavorful. Family loved it. Will add one more 6.5 oz can on clams. Highly recommend
Ellice K. 19 Dec 2016
I absolutely loved this recipe. Everything was easy as far as chowder goes and the flavor was PERFECT! I highly recommend. :)
Gil W. 20 Dec 2015
I used canned clams salted butter canned milk russet potatoes bay leaf two cloves garlic two cups clam juice it was great just super sonic. Thank you