These pancakes are just right. They are fluffy, but not to tough. They are sweet, but great for people who aren't big sweet tooth's.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off with back edge of knife)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 spray oil (for cooking.)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl. In a different bowl, add the milk mixture to the melted butter, stirring constantly with a whisk to blend.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just enough to moisten the flour mixture. It should look a little lumpy. (If you overwork the mixture, the pancakes will be tough.) This is a thick batter but if it seems too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and coat it with spray on oil.
- Drop the batter from a large spoon (about 1/4 cup) and cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface bubbles and is dotted with holes.
- Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. This happens quickly so peek after 30 seconds and watch carefully! Adjust the heat setting if necessary.
- Wipe the griddle totally clean with a paper towel between batches.
- Serve immediately.
|Calories160Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.