- 28 ounces black beans (drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (finely, 1/2 of a pepper)
- 1 cup yellow onion (finely chopped, , 1/2 of a large onion)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced, about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (or oat flour)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (mayo, or BBQ sauce)
- 1 pinch salt (+ pepper)
|Calories230Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julie M. A day ago
These were so delicious and flavorful!
SharpHomeCook 4 days ago
These burgers were good but they turned out a little crumbly for e and broke apart when I turned them.
Greg Lovell 17 days ago
These are amazing—and I’m a bean burger guy. Pretty easy to make. The feta makes it pop and works so well. I made a bunch, baked them, then froze. Much better than store bought veggie or bean burgers. Update: the frozen ones worked great. I just put them on parchment paper on a baking sheet and baked at 400 for 10-15 min.
Jenifer S. 4 Dec 2018
I've attempted many vegetarian burgers. this one wins for ease and taste! I love this recipe. At first it was too wet, so i added extra bread crumbs. problem solved. They grilled well with the foil. i will make these again this weekend!
Mariah Hornsby 17 Oct 2018
Very tasty and loved the heartiness and texture the burger gave. Even my meat loving Texas raised husband and super picky 9 year old approved! We will definitely be adding this to our recipe book! We did use a banana pepper instead of bell peppers, and I started with dried beans because that was what I had in the pantry.