- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pound beef steak (cut in strips)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 cup creme fraiche (full fat, or sour cream)
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley (chopped)
|Calories240Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jill Rodeffer 6 days ago
Fantastic and actually easy.! My boys love it! I used chopped steak, and cognac, because that’s what I had and it turned out wonderful! We’ve made it twice now.
Craig Howlett 31 Oct 2018
Fantastic recipe. Really simple, Quick and very tasty. A Real family favourite.
Adam Harris 18 Jul 2018
Added a bit more stock and it came out really good
camaroqueen81 . 9 Apr 2018
Absolutely delicious, I surprised myself. Will definitely be using this recipe again
Zan 21 Mar 2018
This is my go to recipe, quick easy and delicious
h n. 8 Feb 2018
Best recipe for beef stroganoff I've ever used.
Ellen Johnston 7 Oct 2017
OK. I substituted a few dairy products for the dairy listed in the recipe.
Al b. 3 Oct 2017
Boring flavour, added garlic powder, Worcester sauce, smoked paprika and horseradish. Made it with yoghurt instead of sour cream. Fried the onion and mushrooms (chestnut) very brown, so that have a lot of flavour and colour. Also added green beans. Very fast and easy recipe. Served with mash, gherkins and guindillas.