- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup i can't believe it's not butter! all purpose sticks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (or your favorite jam, slighted heated)
- 2 cups pudding
- 4 tablespoons almonds
- 1 cup whipped cream (or whipped topping)
- 2 cups raspberries (blueberries, sliced peaches or your favorite fruit)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides occasionally. Stir in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until blended. Evenly spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out completely clean. If cake starts to brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely. Cut cake into cubes.
- Arrange 1/3 of the cubed cake in trifle or glass bowl; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sherry, then spoon on 1/2 of the jam. Add 1 cup raspberries, 1 cup pudding, then 2 tablespoons almonds. Repeat layers, except for almonds. Chill several hours or overnight. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining almonds.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.