- 8 ounces chocolate (dipped cookie or graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar (+ 3 tbsp)
- 1/4 ounce powdered gelatin (envelope)
- 2 1/8 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup cherry juice
- 1/2 lemon zest (and juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp water to make a paste)
- 1 pound mixed berries (strawberries hulled and quartered)
- For the crust, grease a 9 1/2 inch spring form pan with oil. Place the cookies or graham crackers in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Melt the butter and stir in the crumbs and the 3 tbsp of the sugar. Spoon into the bottom of the pan and press down with the back of a spoon. Chill for 30 mins.
- Prepare gelatin according to package instructions and place in a saucepan and over a very low heat, melt slowly. Do not let the mixture boil. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the cream cheese with 1/3 cup of the sugar. Stir in the gelatin. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form and stir in the cream cheese mixture. Spoon on top of the crust and level the surface. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Add the cherry juice, 1/4 cup water, the lemon juice, zest and remaining sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the vanilla extract and cornstarch paste. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in the berries, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Top with the berry compote just before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sophie 3 Dec 2017
Not sure why but it was very soft couldn’t get it to set. Also very lumpy