If you love desserts and are having trouble finding a reason to use your oven, then look no further. These delicate cream filled pastries are sweet but offer a subtle lemony tartness that is sure to make you want more. Worried about the sugar content? Just leave out the powdered sugar at the end and enjoy a perfect summer dessert, which unlike many other desserts is surprisingly high in protein.
- 50 grams baker's yeast
- 3.5 deciliters milk (warm)
- 700 grams flour
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 80 grams butter
- 1/2 lemon zest
- vanilla extract
- pastry cream (or Bage Cremin, for the filling)
- powdered sugar (to taste, for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Dissolve the yeast in 2 deciliters of warm milk, and add 100 grams of flour.
- Knead well, and add them to the egg and egg yolks, mixing well.
- Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface.
- Mix the remaining heated milk with the butter.
- Add the powdered sugar, the remaining heated milk with the butter, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and remaining flour.
- Knead well, and let rise (covered) until it doubles in volume.
- Take small portions of dough, and make small balls.
- Put them on a baking tray to rise a little bit more, covered with a cloth.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and once cool, cut them open, and fill with the cream.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste.
|Calories1000Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.