Cheese makes everything better. This recipe for Bergkase Dumplings, Porcini, Apples, and Pumpkin Seed Oil is a decadent, sweet, savory, and delicious. If you want to make the perfect side dish for a fancy dinner, then this is the perfect recipe. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping for a sweet surprise the next family gathering. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- 250 milliliters milk
- ground nutmeg
- 55 grams butter
- 100 grams semolina
- 1 egg
- 50 grams Bergkase cheese (cut in 20 cubes)
- 200 grams porcini mushrooms
- 20 cherry tomatoes (different colors if possible)
- 15 leaves flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 apple
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- To prepare the dumpling dough, heat the milk in a saucepan with a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of salt.
- Add 30 grams of butter, let it melt, and mix.
- Slowly add the semolina while mixing, the mixture will gradually thicken.
- Add the egg and stir until you have a very thick consistency.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your fingers, form twenty small balls and place them on a silicone sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand and place a cheese cube in the center of each piece of dough.
- Close the dough over the cheese cube and form a ball by rolling it between your hands.
- Fill a large pan 3/4 full with salted water and bring to a boil. Add the dumplings, they'll float to the surface when they are cooked. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the garnish, wash the mushrooms and cut them into 2 or 4 pieces, depending on their size.
- Melt 25 grams of butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until brown, about 5 minutes. While they cook, peel the apples and then cut them using a melon baller, set aside.
- Add the parsley and the cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Finally, add the apple pieces.
- Let the mixture cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the dumplings and quickly brown them.
- To serve, divide the dumplings and the garnish between the plates. Drizzle each plate with pumpkin seed oil.