- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed)
- 3 cups japanese rice (hot steamed)
- mayonnaise (to serve)
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 7 ounces spinach leaves (blanched and thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (to sprinkle)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup potato flour
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 8 shrimp (jumbo raw, peeled and deveined, with tails intact)
- For the chicken teriyaki, mix teriyaki sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 mins.
- For the spinach sesame salad, mix sake, soy sauce and oil in a medium bowl. Add spinach and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, for the shrimp tempura, mix flours and 1 cup cold water in a bowl to form a lumpy batter. Heat oil in a large saucepan on high heat. (A little batter sizzles as soon as it is added.) Dip shrimp into batter to coat, shaking off excess. Deep-fry for 2-3 mins, turning, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Season to taste. Keep hot.
- Heat a medium skillet on high heat. Spray with no stick cooking spray. Cook chicken for 3-4 mins each side, until cooked through. Slice thinly.
- Divide dishes among 4 bento boxes (or serving plates). Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds. Serve chicken on a bed of steamed rice and tempura with mayonnaise.
|Calories980Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.