If you want a rich and creamy cake that you can bring to the next office party or special occasion, then this Bellevue Cake is the perfect palate pleaser. The creamy chocolate, cream and ground almonds provide a rich, sweet and salty perfection. Why not pick up all the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends and family with a sweet and savory treat. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- cream (10 cl. liquid)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 50 grams almond meal
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Break the eggs, separating the whites from the yolks.
- Melt the chocolate with milk and cream in a double boiler. Stir in the egg yolks one by one, then add the flour and the almond meal.
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix.
- Grease and flour a cake pan 24 centimeters in diameter.
- Add batter to pan, fill to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly on rack, serve warm.
- Optional before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.