This recipe for Bell Pepper and Tomato Warm Salad makes a great lunch or dinner option when served with a loaf of your favorite artisan bread for days when you want to keep your meals light. Cooked over a low heat, the flavors of the roasted bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and sauteed garlic and onion come together to create a savory vegetarian salad with a warm flavor. This Bell Pepper and Tomato Warm Salad makes a great entree during the autumn months when days are becoming shorter and cooler.
- 1 kilogram red bell pepper
- 1 kilogram green bell pepper
- 750 grams tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roast the peppers in the oven until brown on the outside.
- Remove from the oven, cover and let them rest.
- Once cool, remove the skin and slice into thin strips. Place in a sifter and drain for 3 hours.
- Peel, seed, and chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic.
- Add oil to a saucepan and saute the garlic. Once golden brown, add the tomatoes and cook until they soften.
- Add the pepper strips and continue to cook over very low heat for 3 hours. Add salt as needed and serve.