Get your favorite bread and cheese ready because this recipe for Bell Pepper and Roasted Tomato Cream Soup just calls for a side of melty grilled cheese sandwiches. First roasted, the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and tomatoes are then blended until…
creamy and smooth and then seasoned with cumin and paprika and cooked until thick and hot for a savory soup to serve for lunch or dinner. Low in calories, this is a great entree for when you are trying to eat light.
- 1 red onion (large)
- 1.25 kilograms tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers (large)
- 1 garlic (head)
- water (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wrap the onion with aluminum foil.
- Place the onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, and garlic head in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes or until brown on the outside. The onion may need more time.
- Place the bell peppers in a pot with lid and set aside. Let the tomatoes, garlic, and onion cool.
- Peel the peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic head. Place in a food processor and crush. Add the liquid from the bell peppers and more water, if needed.
- Season with cumin, paprika, and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil while stirring to emulsify and serve.
|Calories90Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.