Sometimes you need a hearty dish that is savory and creamy. This recipe for Bell Pepper Stuffed with Panela Cheese is a dreamy dish that will tantalize the taste buds. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this dish that has 420 calories per serving. When they come out of the oven, your family will come running. Ingredients include poblano peppers, rice, garlic clove, onions, olive oil, water, salt, Panela cheese, avocado, and mayonnaise if you choose.
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 3 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 100 grams cheese (Panela, chopped into small pieces)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- avocado (pitted and sliced)
- Grill the peppers or cook them the open flame of a gas stove. Roast the peppers until darkened on all sides.
- Place the peppers into a resealable plastic bag and allow them to let out their excess liquid.
- After the liquid has come out, take the peppers out and remove the skin, seeds, and membranes. Set the peppers aside.
- Add the rice to a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain and clean the rice and set it aside.
- Add the garlic, onion, and olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the rice, water, and salt and cover the pot. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rice from heat and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese to the rice and mix well.
- Fill each pepper with the rice mixture.
- Serve the stuffed pepper on a plate and add the slices of avocado. Serve with a sauce, such as adobo chile sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.