It is one super food that has to be in your plate regularly . As this root vegetable has a strong sweet taste inherited in it, I am much afraid to experiment. Finally I have tried this recipe , which gave a distinctive and a new taste to sweet beets. As the final product is much spicy and combined flavors of all spice powders are note worthy, the sweetness of the beets is remarkably very low. Now this dish has become one must haves in our menu . This goes very well as a side to rice, sambaar, rasam, or roti .Or you may enjoy it as an appetizer too.
- Peel & rinse the beets . Now chop them into cubes.Boil them with sufficient water until they become soft , when done drain the water and set aside.
- In a saute pan , add in taken oil , then tampering . When tampering sputters , add spring onions, garlic pieces and fry until garlic pieces turn golden brown.
- Now add in the boiled beets , and fry for 5 minutes.Now add in salt, turmeric and cover it with a lid and cook , so that the beet absorb the flavors.Add in cumin+ coriander powder, garam masala and toss well.
- Finally add in the gram flours and toss well until each piece is well coated with flour.Fry for 5 minutes or until the flour gives out roasted fragrance
- When done , switch of the stove, dish it out and squeeze in some lime juice . Garnish with few roasted cashews and serve hot