Beet, Goat Cheese, and Grapefruit SaladYummly
A sophisticated salad looks decadent but can be thrown together in minutes! Offering a combination of beets, creamy goat cheese, fresh citrus, and crunchy hazelnuts, this colorful recipe makes a great light meal or side for 2.
- 1 cup roasted beets
- 2 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 grapefruit (cut into segments)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven at 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and spread the hazelnuts over the tray. Roast for 5 -10 minutes until golden. Allow the hazelnuts to cool and then chop roughly.
- 2Remove the peel from the grapefruit and cut it into segments.
- 3Crumble the goat cheese, and finely chop the mint.
- 4Cut the beets into small wedges.
- 5Layers the greens, beets, grapefruit, goat cheese, hazelnuts and mint on a large serving platter. Dress the salad with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.