- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/4 pounds baby beets (trimmed and scrubbed)
- 1 3/4 pounds baby carrots (trimmed and scrubbed)
- 1 3/4 pounds carrots (baby purple, trimmed and scrubbed)
- 1 red onion (cut into thick wedges)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped coarsely)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. For the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Season to taste.
- Divide beets, carrots and onion between 2 prepared pans. Spoon 1/2 the dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Season. Roast vegetables for 45 mins or until tender. Cool slightly; peel beets.
- Meanwhile, for the cheese twists. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place a pastry sheet on a work surface. Brush with egg, then sprinkle with chives, seeds and cheese. Top with remaining pastry sheet, pressing down to secure. Cut pastry into sixteen 1/2 inch-wide strips. Twist strips; place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden and puffed.
- Stir mustard into remaining dressing. Arrange arugula on plates or a large platter. Top with roasted vegetables, mint, nuts and dressing. Serve warm salad with twists.