Savory and full of flavor, you cannot go wrong with this recipe for Beet Stuffed Turkey Breast. Juicy turkey breast is stuffed with an herbed beet filling, boasting the flavors of dill, garlic, capers, cilantro, and mustard. Sprinkled with herbs and…
raspberry vinaigrette, the stuffed turkey breast is roasted until cooked through and tender and then broiled for a crisp and caramelized exterior. Serve this Beet Stuffed Turkey Breast over a bed of fluffy basmati rice.
- 1 beet (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- fresh dill (to taste)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1 turkey breast (to be filled)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- ground mustard (to taste)
- 3 chives (chopped)
- raspberry vinaigrette (to taste)
- Author´s suggestion: Purchase the meat at a butcher, letting them know it is to be filled. Typically, they will make it into a ¨pocket¨, which is perfect to fill with whatever you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the beet, garlic, capers, and olive oil in a wok or a frying pan and saute them well.
- Add the mustard, dill, and cilantro and turn off the heat.
- Stuff the turkey breast using a bit of cooking twine or toothpicks to close the ¨pocket¨ well so that they do not open during cooking. Place them in a cooking pan.
- Season them with the salt, pepper, ground mustard, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the chives and sprinkle with the raspberry vinaigrette.
- Bake them until the meat is cooked. Five minutes before turning off the oven, add a touch more vinaigrette and turn up the heat to broil so that it carmelizes.
- Serve with basmati rice and granish with a few sprigs of fresh fennel.
|Calories190Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.