If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Beet Ketchup. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 2 beets
- 1 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Espelette Dukkah pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cane sugar
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Boil the whole beets until tender. Drain, peel, and dice finely.
- 2Peel the shallot and the garlic cloves and mince.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the shallot and chopped garlic.
- 4Add espelette pepper and mix.
- 5Add the diced beets and mix.
- 6Cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- 7Add sugar, salt, pepper, and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- 8Let cool and store in a glass container.