A basic braised recipe full of flavor and prefect to warm up a cold evening. Serve with mashed potatoes, buttered carrot coins and a green lettuce salad.
- 4 boneless sirloin pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces beer (room temperature)
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- noodles (buttered, optional)
- fresh parsley (minced, optional)
- Lightly flour chops. Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foaming. Brown chops quickly on both sides. Remove, reserve. Add green onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme and saute an additional minute. Return chops to skillet, add beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 7-8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.