- 8 brats
- 12 ounces pilsner
- 4 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 onions (minced, 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons mustard (coarse-grained)
- 2 lime juice (and zest, 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 granny smith apples (julienned)
- 1 head savoy cabbage (sliced thin, 6 to 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves (picked, if desired)
- Grill or griddle the brats until golden brown about 10 minutes. Place them in a pot with pilsner, bourbon, onion, caraway and garlic. Bring to very low simmer, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove brats and set aside. Whisk butter and mustard together in small bowl. Combine olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix cabbage and apples in a large bowl and add dressing to taste. Place on platter and top with brats.
- Top brats with mustard sauce and serve.