- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup seasoned batter mix (McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood, Batter Mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (McCormick®, Ground)
- 2/3 cup beer (or water)
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat oil to 375°F on medium heat.
- Mix Batter Mix, garlic powder and red pepper in medium bowl. Add beer or water; mix until smooth.
- Dip shrimp into batter. Shake off excess. Carefully add shrimp, several at a time, to hot oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes, turning once to brown evenly, until shrimp are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.