- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 4 baking potatoes (large, cut into French fry strips)
- 12 ounces beer (I used Samuel Adams Scotch Ale)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets (skinned with bones removed, and fish cut diagonally into 1-inch-wide strips, 5 to 6-inches long)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
David N. 21 Nov 2018
Delicious nice crispy batter, needed just a hair more seasoning but the batter was great I will do it again
Vee 29 Oct 2018
This recipe was perfect. I didn’t have garlic powder so I added some fresh chopped garlic, pumped up the seasoning a bit and went for it. Divine!
Aaron Thomas 19 Jun 2018
great not oily at all super easy
Thomas Wyatt 30 May 2018
Very some but very effective. The batter was perfect and went well with the fish, and the cook time was just right.
David S. 1 Apr 2018
Excellent, the double flour trick makes it nice and crispy outside
Peter m. 3 Nov 2017
This was fantastic!! The batter is not to heavy and you can still taste the fish.
TK 20 Oct 2017
Excellent recipe! Will definitely try it again...
Natalia V. 30 Sep 2016
Easy peacy! Loved it! Make the batter ahead and you'll have lunch ready in no time! Def trying it again soon!!