- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup seafood (McCormick® Beer Batter, Batter Mix)
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 2/3 cup beer (or water)
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets (cut into serving-size pieces)
- Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
- Mix Batter Mix and Old Bay in medium bowl. Add beer or water; stir until smooth. Dip fish into batter. Shake off excess.
- Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels.