Quick and easy, this baked ziti will help save you time and be a hit with the family.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar Ragu Traditional Sauce (1 lb. 8 oz.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat parmesan cheese (grated)
- 12 ounces pasta (uncooked ziti)
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded, about 3 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine Sauce and water in large bowl. Stir in browned ground beef, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, then uncooked ziti. Pour ziti mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 55 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Calories430Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kafui A. 21 Feb
Very excellent recipe. Easy to make and it always comes out yummy. Did I mention its the second time making this? Its certainly not going to be the last either.
Tammy Jones 7 Feb
Great comfort food, my family loves this dish. Wonderful easy dinner on a cold night.
adriana m. 4 Apr 2018
very good. I make it all the time
Clarice Taylor 26 Mar 2017
It was really delicious and very easy and simple to make. It was runnier than I thought, but still worth making again. I think adding chopped up mushrooms and perhaps some sautéed onions would improve it. But definitely delicious!
Kendra T. 31 Oct 2016
turned out nice but a little overcooked i suggest reducing the time by a few minutes to prevent overcooking
Jacqueline G. 1 Aug 2016
It's definitely a quick, easy, and inexpensive meal to throw together if you have many mouths to feed, but it wasn't as saucy as I would have preferred. I could see this being tastier if I had added Italian sausage instead of hamburger.
Buddy Bennett 19 Jun 2016
Great, very easy recipe. Doubled the recipe for a nice big family dinner, worked out great. Would definitely make it again.
Angie N. 2 Jun 2016
This was really good. My boys 2 and 4, as well as two girls I was watching 5 and 6 all loved it! I did add some garlic powder and oregano to the sauce to give it a little extra flavor. My husband also cooked some Italian sausage to go with it.