Beef with Battered BroccoliMADELEINE COCINA
Steak is a decadent main dish any night of the week. This Beef with Battered Broccoli takes about 35 minutes to prepare and will make your mouth sing with joy. The steak is cooked to perfection with spices and a tomato puree and then added to rice. The broccoli is slightly cooked by itself, then pan-fried in a light and flavorful batter before being added to the steak dinner.
- 500 grams steak (diced)
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 500 mL tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 cups water with 2 cubes chicken bouillon)
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- oil (for frying)
- Divide the broccoli into large florets and boil in water until slightly tender. Set aside.
- Place the beef into a covered skillet and cook in its own juices for approximately 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, cumin, garlic powder, and tomato puree. Stir together and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice, mix, and set aside.
- Separate the eggs, beat the whites with a pinch of salt until they form peaks. Add the yolks and mix together.
- Dip each piece of broccoli into the egg mixture and fry in oil. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Blot to remove excess oil.
- Add the broccoli to the beef and let cook together for 3 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories230Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes